pension: How to find PPO number for pension in EPF
What is the pension payment order number (OPP)?
According to the Central Pension Account Office, “The first five digits of each PPO represent the code number of the issuing authority of the PPO, the next two digits indicate the year of issue and the next four digits indicate the number sequence of the PPO, with the last digit serving as the computer check digit A PPO with the number 709650601302 indicates that it was issued by AG Madhya Pradesh in 2006, is the 130th PPO issued by this PPO issuing authority and is seen assign computer code-2.
Get PPO number using bank account number or PF number#EPFO #EPF #SocialSecurity #ईपीएफओ #ईपीएफ https://t.co/HWYk8wYzwJ
— EPFO (@socialepfo) 1636977932000
How to find your PPO number
Step 1: Login to www.epfindia.gov.in
Step 2: Under Online Service, click on the Retiree Portal
Step 3: You will be redirected to the “Welcome to the Pensioner Portal”. Click on “Know your PPO number” which is mentioned on the right side of the page
Step 4: Enter your bank account number or PF number.
You will receive your PPO number, along with your member ID and pension type, after entering the relevant information.
The PPO number is required when applying for a pension and when presenting his annual life certificate. Transferring a PF account from one bank branch to another can be problematic if one does not know their PPO number.
How much is paid to EPS
The employee contributes 12% of his base salary + high cost allowance to his EPF account each month, and the employer tops up the employee contribution by 12%. In total, 24% of the employee’s remuneration is paid into their EPF account.
The employee’s share (i.e. 12%) and the 3.67% of the total 24% employer contribution goes to the EPF account, while the remaining 8.33% of the from the employer go to the Employees Retirement Scheme (EPS) account.
Also Read: Who Can Join the Employee Retirement Plan and Who Cannot
According to the latest EPFO circular, from now on the pension to be credited to retirees counts no later than the last working day of the month (except for the month of March which will continue to be credited on or after April 1).